Vacancy at the Institute of Management Accounting and Simulation, Hamburg University of Technology for a fully funded PhD project. We apply agent-based modeling to address cognitive features of teams or organizations with the aim to foster our understanding of processes such as risk management or demand forcasting in supply chains.
You can expect research and teaching in the fields of management accounting & control, financial accounting, and simulation & modelling with the possibility of a doctorate. This includes to work independently and on your own responsibility on research projects including simulation modelling. The aim is to present results of the work at international conferences and to publish them in professional journals. The tasks also include assistance in teaching and in the institute’s project management tasks. We conduct innovative and relevant research in the field of management accounting & control and financial accounting. A special feature of our institute is the focus on simulation as a research method, which we link to other relevant topics such as data analytics and complexity management.
· Very good university degree in the fields of economics and social sciences, (business) informatics, industrial engineering, or any other relevant subject.
· Interest in questions of management accounting & control, financial accounting and corporate management.
· Interest in simulation as a method.
· Knowledge of computer science (especially programming) and/or statistics is an advantage, but not mandatory.
· Ability to work independently, high self-motivation and team spirit.
· Very good command of English language.
· Product costing and complexity management
· Risk management
· Team interaction processes
· Distributed cognition in demand forecasting
· Collaboration in international research projects and publications.
· Completion of the doctorate in a manageable period of time through intensive supervision, flexible time management and a clear definition of tasks.
· Imparting sound methodological knowledge and expert knowledge (e.g. Computer Simulation, Python, R, and Data Analytics).
· Collaboration in a motivated and young team.
· 66.6%-job for four years.
· Integration into an excellent national and international research network.
· Opportunity to enhance presentation skills during international conferences and workshops.
· A pleasant, international environment at the renowned Hamburg University of Technology.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Matthias Meyer at email@example.com. Applications with CV and the usual documents must be sent by 05.10.2018 stating identification number H-18-54 to: Technische Universität Hamburg - Personalreferat PV32/G - 21071 Hamburg Or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org