On February 15-16 the Energy Data Hackdays will take place at the Hightech Zentrum Aargau in Brugg. Let’s use energy data to improve our common understanding of energy and work on solutions that contribute to increasing energy efficiency in Switzerland.
Energy companies have large amounts of data that are only partially used or not used at all. Better use of dormant data for new services and analysis is in the interest of these companies and their customers. At the Energy Data Hackdays, energy companies, public administrations and other organisations related to the energy industry provide data for the development of creative ideas and initial prototypes. The focus is on the topics:
– The energy grid as interface to the Smart City/Community (role of intelligent and smart grids)
– The role of the transmission grid in the decentralisation of the production sector
– How can security of supply be guaranteed with more and more interfaces, smaller and decentralised production plants and devices/households/prospumers in the network?
– Convergence of networks and use of data in terms of security of supply and the improvement of public service (city as owner of data and public utility companies)
– Linking network planning/asset management and urban development
Depending on the interest of the participants (“hackers”), the data-providing companies or other institutions, selected results of the Hackdays will be further developed into productive applications.
The Energy Data Hackdays are open to all interested persons who want to creatively deal with energy data as software developers, designers, analysts or idea carriers (“ideators”). You can register here.
In order to plan the catering requirements correctly, we kindly ask you to inform us at least 5 days before the event, by the 10th of February, in case you wish to cancel your registration for the Hackdays. A later or missing cancellation will result in a cost contribution of CHF 100.