Welcome to Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, one of the leading research universities in in Saxony-Anhalt. Located in the heart of Central Germany and as one of Germany’s ‘Innovative Universities’, Anhalt University combines international-level research and teaching with excellent study and living conditions.
With more than 70 degree programs, we provide students with the freedom to develop their own personalities. Most importantly, we prepare about 7,500 German and international students for a successful career start.
At the Department of Agriculture, Ecotrophology and Landscape Development of the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Campus Bernburg, at the chair of National and International Nature Conservation, is a vacancy for a PhD position earliest possible starting date and for a limited period of three years.
Your tasks will include:
• selection of methods and indicators for assessing the resilience of (agricultural) landscapes
• identification of governance instruments (e.g. agri-environmental measures) with possible influence on the resilience of
(agricultural) landscapes in a European context
• model-based assessment of resilience in (agricultural) landscapes in Central Germany
• publication of results in international journals
• presentation of results at workshops and conferences
Within the scope of the assigned tasks, we offer the opportunity for developing your own ideas to obtain a doctoral degree.
• academic degree (diploma or master’s degree) in environmental sciences, (landscape) ecology, nature conservation,
landscape planning, agricultural sciences, geosciences or related disciplines
• very good knowledge in GIS and spatial as well as statistical data analysis (preferably with R)
• ideally experience, but at least interest in (simulation) models of landscape dynamics (e.g. agent-based models, cellular automata)
• good command of written and spoken English
• German language skills will be appreciated
• a high level of commitment, stress resistance and the ability to work in a team
• a creative, analytical and critical mind
• an independent and structured working style
You can expect:
• participation in an exciting interdisciplinary research project with high practical relevance
• support and promotion of your PhD, based on quality assurance of your PhD work through regular networking meetings
and feedback sessions at the Graduate Academy and the PhD Centre
• excellent research opportunities in a creative and very well equipped working environment
• support services for work-life balance, such as employee child office, emergency care, life situation coaching, child care
as well as consulting services in the field of home and eldercare
Any questions about this position will be answered by:
Prof. Dr. Markus Meyer
email: [email protected]
If you are interested in the position, please send your application materials by 12.12.2021 to [email protected].